The Face of Breast Cancer Research – Susan Love
Susan M. Love, M.D., M.B.A., has dedicated her professional life to ending breast cancer. As founder and chief visionary officer of Dr. Susan Love Foundation for Breast Cancer Research, she oversees an active research program centered on finding breast cancer’s cause and prevention. Dr. Love has tackled controversial topics in her professional and personal life, in her criticism of the medical establishment’s treatment of women, her advocacy of cancer surgery that conserves as much breast tissue as possible, and her fight to expand the rights of same-sex couples as parents. Her reputation as an activist comes from her role as one of the “founding mothers” of the breast cancer advocacy movement in the early 1990s as one of the founders of the National Breast Cancer Coalition. Dr. Susan Love is best-known as a trusted guide to women worldwide through her books, the foundation website, and social media. Dr. Love’s fierce intellect, unrelenting tenacity, and laserlike focus have led to some of the world’s more innovative research. Dr. Love’s goal through it all remains simple and clear: to end breast cancer.
- Clinical professor of surgery at UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine
- Served on National Cancer Advisory Board from 1998 to 2004 (appointment of President Clinton)
- One of the founders of the National Breast Cancer Coalition
- Founded the foundation’s signature program, the Love Research Army (formerly the Army of Women)
• To find an end to breast cancer!
- Dr. Love was born in New Jersey but grew up in Puerto Rico and Mexico and speaks Spanish fluently.
- Before she became a doctor, she was a nun for five months!
ADDRESS: 16133 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 1000, Encino